Posted: 2/27/2020 10:40:21 PM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
* The main function of the Inspector 1 is to inspect and insure any and all items delegated pursuant to job requirements in accordance with code, jurisdiction and/or customer defined criteria. The Inspector may also be responsible for overseeing the quality assurance/quality control on behalf JANX client.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Perform internal and external inspections to determine if items under inspection meet the acceptance criteria of a specific code, standard or document.
* Conduct inspections on equipment at scheduled intervals to maintain the mechanical integrity of the equipment as qualified and assigned.
* Properly interpret regulations, codes, and industry standards.
* Use a computer to compile and submit daily reports and inspection reports, as well as for billing and other required documentation.
* Ensure that work is implemented as required in the project specifications.
* Compile and submit completed inspection report in a timely manner.
* Show attention to detail and be capable of recommending and approving repairs as well as performing visual inspection of completed work.
* Identify circumstances that necessitate the use of proper safety procedures and equipment.
* Communicate and deal with customers and other parties in person in such a manner as to benefit the professional reputation of the company.
* Learn and abide by contract policies and procedures.
* Drive a vehicle safely in extremely hazardous conditions.
* Must maintain a strong focus on cross functional teamwork with both internal and external stakeholders.
* Perform all other duties as assigned.
* Follow and enforce the Company required safe work practices and procedures at all times.
* Demonstrate excellent communication skills, professionalism, and promote a positive customer service attitude internally and externally
* Enforce and abide the requirements of safe operation and personal safety using required Personal Protective Equipment and Safe Practices per company policy.
* Perform other job related tasks as assigned by management.
* Mentor and train coworkers assigned to you through on the job training in safe work practices, technical skills and compliance with company policy.
* Review, validate, and approve reporting employees' timesheet and reports.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Detail oriented with a dedication to the quality control and quality assurance process; ability to understand and read complex design and fabrication plans and specifications.
* Must have analytical capabilities for customer needs assessment and solutions identification.
* A sense of urgency, good attention to detail, and follow-thru.
* Demonstrates a systematic approach in carrying out assignments. Is very orderly and excels at cutting through confusion and turning chaos into order.
* Knowledge of Industry Codes.
* Knowledge of arithmetic and algebra.
* Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
* Demonstrates a strong ability to identify, analyze and solve problems. Unusually decisive in handling difficult problems. Translates problems into practical solutions.
* Shows willingness and aptitude to use own discretion in taking appropriate steps in finding solutions to problems; presents options and ideas to enhance current processes or procedures. Takes on additional responsibility when both big and small tasks need to be completed.
* Firmly adheres to the values and ethics of JANX. Exhibits honesty, discretion, and sound judgment.
* Possess excellent communication skills to convey information to customers and colleagues effectively, through verbal and written communication.
* Willing to work with others, collaborating and compromising where necessary; promptly share relevant information with others.
* Maintains a positive "can do" outlook, rebounds quickly from frustrations and unpleasantness, and maintains composure and friendly demeanor while dealing with stressful situations.
* Ability to organize, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
Education and Work Experience:
* High school diploma or equivalent required.At least 1 year experience in related field.
* Experience and/or certification in tanks, piping, and coatings inspection preferred.
* Experience in reviewing bolted and welded structural connections for buildings, fabrication shop inspections, and additional specialty reviews preferred.
* Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Certificates and Licenses Required:
* A current American Welding Society (AWS) CWI certification, American Society for Nondestructive Testing (ASNT) certification, or significant welding experience.
* Preference will be given to candidates with ASNT Level 2 certifications for magnetic particle (MT) ultrasonic testing (UT), and dye penetrant (PT).
* Must meet minimum company requirements to operate a company vehicle and be eligible for coverage under Company insurance program
JANX is a well-established company and leads the market in highly specialized non-destructive testing and inspection services. JANX is located in the center of numerous unique industries which provides our employees with a wide range of experience.
We provide NDT, new construction, maintenance, and inspection services in all aspects of the oil and gas industries, including exploration, transmission, refining, storage facilities, and all oil related support industries.