Level II Carded Radiographer - SeaTac/Seattle, WA
Posted: 8/25/2020 12:13:31 PM
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
International Inspection Inc.
International Inspection Inc. (SeaTac/Seattle, WA) has a full-time Level II RT Technician position available located in SeaTac, WA. Candidates with IRRSP or State card preferred. The Level II RT Inspector is part of a team that provides testing and support to our wide range of clientele in the following methods: Ultrasonic, Liquid Penetrant, Visual, Magnetic Particle, and Radiographic testing. Experience with NDT on marine vessels is preferred but not required. Formal NDT education and method experience hours are required for this position.
While this position will be expected to help in a variety of ways, the following are part of the core purpose of the position and will likely be done on a daily basis:
- Perform non-destructive testing and examination at client sites
- Manage equipment and materials necessary for the completion of inspection
- Compile client reports including drawings using CAD and word processors
- Work with clients to locate and identify indications and their probable causes
- General shop-assistant duties to keep the NDT shop in working order
- II RT with a State or IRRSP card
- A command of Microsoft Office products including but not limited to Outlook, Excel, and Word
- An understanding of drafting and CAD
- Knowledge of marine vessel nomenclature appreciated but not required
- Professional communication
- Meet deadlines for work and reports, potentially on nights and weekends
EDUCATION, TRAINING, & EXPERIENCE: Each candidate must be able to provide proof of:
- High School Diploma, GED, or College Certification
- Documented NDT classroom training and method experience (OJT) hours
- Valid Drivers License
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
- TWIC and/or DBIDS credentials or ability to get them
- Additional experience and proficiency with UT, MT, PT or VT NDT methods
NDT Technicians may work in confined spaces or be subject to heights. Must be comfortable in all working situations, comfortable working in areas around machinery with extreme noise levels and must be able to wear safety equipment as required by the safety department for personal protection. This position may travel to more than one job site in a day and must be able to tolerate climate changes. Ideal candidates will be willing and able to travel and work varying schedules.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The NDT technician must be capable of doing all of the following with or without reasonable accommodation: NDT Technicians must be able to lift up to 50lbs of gear and materials, must be able to be on your feet for long periods of time. Must be capable of sufficient clarity of speech, hearing, or other communication to interact effectively with coworkers and clients. Sufficient vision or other powers of observation to ASNT standards is required. The technician must have sufficient manual dexterity which permits the employee to perform routine duties. This position requires sufficient personal mobility to maneuver within a marine vessel or industrial environment which includes the ability to gain access to elevated platforms via narrow ladders and stairwells.
ABOUT INTERNATIONAL INSPECTION, INC.
International Inspection, Inc. is a leader in providing Non-Destructive Examination (NDE) services for over 50 years. International Inspection is a small, growing company currently operating six offices in three different U.S. states. We offer highly trained and diverse personnel, including ASNT-certified inspectors, computer-aided design (CAD) draftspersons and reporting specialists. For nearly two decades of remarkable growth, the company and its contributors have focused on providing NDE services in the Marine, Construction, Fabrication, Petrochemical, and Geophysical Industries.
Our core values are safety, quality, and integrity. We focus on delivering a total solution for any inspection need, while integrating our services with our customers' operations and schedules. We use the latest NDE & information technology along with our vast personnel experience and know-how to provide safety-focused, high-quality, accurate, and cost-effective inspections, surveys and computerized print and/or electronic reports.
- Company Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K plan with company contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Education Reimbursement
- Overtime and Double-time offered
- Paid Holidays
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All or any portion of this job description is subject to elimination, modification or addition at any time at the discretion of International Inspection Inc.
This Job Description Does Not Constitute a Contract for Employment. All applicants must be willing to consent to a background check. Employment eligibility is contingent upon passing both the pre-employment background check and drug & alcohol testing.
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Level II Carded Radiographer - SeaTac/Seattle, WA