Heat Treatment technician-Gray, LA & Mobile, AL
Posted: 10/20/2020 9:00:09 PM
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
NVI, LLC offers full benefits including:
Traditional 401K Retirement Plan with Employer Match Benefit
Profit Sharing Plan
Health, Dental, Life, Short & Long Disability and Vision Insurances
The Heat Treatment technician is responsible for running and maintaining stress relieving and preheating operations.
Your Job Responsibilities
The Heat Treatment Technician is responsible for, but not limited to, the following responsibilities:
Set up and operate or tend machines, such as furnaces, HT Consoles, and electronic induction machines that harden, anneal, and heat-treat metal.
Read production schedules and work orders to determine processing sequences, component temperatures, and heat cycle requirements for component(s) to be heat-treated.
Record times that parts are removed from Heat Cycle to document that objects have attained specified temperatures for specified times.
Coordinate and Instruct new workers in machine operation; set up procedures of components and all aspect of job duties to keep project on schedule.
Fluent in adjusting controls to maintain temperatures and heating times, using instruments and charts, dials and gauges of HT Equipment, to complete Heat Cycle; Able to repair, replace, and maintain HT equipment as needed, using hand tools.
Able to mount fixtures and industrial coils on piping or component, using proper tools.
Capable of trouble shooting set ups on components before and during the heating process.
Fluent in all aspects of flow of document submittals for project,
Capable of handling lap top computer operation of heat cycles,
Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel programs to complete chart documentation and associated document files necessary for project; and,
Any other assignment necessary to meet Lead Heat Treatment Technician responsibilities as set forth by the Company.
Preferred Skill Requirements:
· Able to meet a fluctuating working schedule.
· Above average organization and communication skills.
· Able to meet travel requirements.
· Punctual and capable of meeting project start times.
· Capable of meeting deadlines.
· Effectively carry out supervisor’s instructions.
· Above average communication skills; and,
· Proficient in problem solving.
· Knowledgeable with OSHA’s General and Construction safety industries.
· Able to pass FBI and Company drug/alcohol testing.
· Capable of passing Fit for Duty testing; and,
· Able to pass a motor vehicle check.