Quality Control Inspector
Posted: 10/21/2020 4:19:55 PM
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
1. Follows HTIs Quality principles:
Understand customers business objectives as well as their technical requirements.
Agree what can be delivered in what timeframe and develop a plan on how delivery can be met.
Work co-operatively with all departments and suppliers to exceed customer expectations.
Make the right people, with the correct level of authority, skills and experience, available for the project.
Identify and manage risks jointly.
Always develop and execute a quality plan.
Ensure sufficient staff training and help to manage the impact of change.
2. Responsible to perform receiving & final inspections of parts and units, and verifies that all operations are signed off (on the route sheet) and closed (in Vantage) before issuing / releasing parts to Manufacturing.
3. Responsible to verify that the correct material and batch number is being issued to Manufacturing.
4. Responsible to maintain complete batch number files which could include receiving inspection report, CMTR, DMR, and final prints
5. Responsible to notify the instrument owners monthly of expiring calibration dates in accordance with the calibration review cycle for instruments in the QC calibration system
6. Responsible to maintain calibrated masters, send instrumentation out to vendors for calibration, call in vendors for in-house calibration, and perform in-house calibration when qualified
7. Responsible to provide independent witness and sign off completion of route sheet inspection operations such as hydro testing and balance as required, performs audits on the machining in-process inspection, and may perform final inspection on the machining center when required
8. Interacts in the Discrepant Material Report (DMR) processing function by initiating the DMR, provides written detail of the part discrepancy from the document, tags out & segregates the discrepant part to put a hold on further manufacturing processing prior to DMR resolution, and closes out & transfers the discrepant part in the DMR system after DMR resolution.
9. Participates in problem solving with both QA & OPS personnel
10. Participates and supports when a customer or outside organization (such NUPIC & ASME) audit or performs QC surveillance activities at HTI, and provides QC surveillance activities at suppliers.
11. Trains backup personnel for inspection, and trains shop personnel on machining techniques and use of gauging when requested.
Hayward Tyler, Inc. 480 Roosevelt Hwy Colchester, VT 05446
Phone: 802-655-4444 Fax 802-655-4682
www.haywardtyler.com Est. 1815
12. Substitutes for documentation control during absences as required
13. Other related duties as required
High School education (2 year technical degree preferred)
3-5 years of manual machining, quality control inspection or equivalent measurement experience
Basic understanding of the audit process including types of audits, planning, preparation, execution, reporting results and follow-up
Basic knowledge of reliability, maintainability, and risk management of quality programs, including key terms and definitions, modeling, systems design, assessment tools and reporting
Fundamental understanding of a quality system and its development, documentation and implementation to domestic and international standards or requirements
Ability to read & interpret engineering drawings, standards and specifications
Expected travel is 5-15% yearly
Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and the Internet
Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
Detail oriented, organized and highly motivated