Posted: 5/10/2023 2:26:49 PM
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
San Antonio Aerospace
NDT Inspectors shall be responsible to the Crew Chief of NDT for the actual performance of the setup, specific instrument calibration, specific tests, and specific evaluation according to written instruction and to record the results.
1. Perform NDT test equipment set up, calibration and inspection of airframe structures, components and power plants.
2. Procure required forms and work orders; inspect aircraft for discrepancies between work orders and necessary repairs; transfer work to be completed to forms.
3. Inspect various aircraft components; accept or reject work completed; sign all items on the work order when work meets required standards.
4. Accept responsibility for entries in the aircraft maintenance flight logs which pertain to his/her inspections, as well as the airworthiness release.
5. Qualified to Level II in the following: Liquid Penetrate, Magnetic Particle, Eddy Current, Ultrasonic, and Radiographic inspection methods required.
6. Must hold a valid Industrial Radiography ID card from the Texas Department of Health – Bureau of Radiation Control.
Good working knowledge or the ability to acquire skills in the following: the ability to communicate, both orally and in writing, by presenting ideas and giving instructions/guidance to subordinates, co-workers, supervisors and outside agencies in a manner that instructions are carried out and requested information is obtained; ability to motivate and lead a staff or team of subordinates to obtain goals, higher productivity and quality work; the ability to delegate and prioritized work effectively; creative; persuasive.
SUPERVISION: Performs the duty assignment at his or her discretion and is limited only by policies set by administrative or legislative authority. Total end results determine the effectiveness of job performance.
INTERPERSONAL RELATIONS: A strong level on interpersonal skills is required to maintain an effective relationship among employees, various departments, management and the public.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT: Essential responsibilities are performed in a climate controlled office but not limited to the office. Must be able to cope with stress and mental exhaustion due to the pressures of accomplishing set goals, meeting short deadlines, maintaining numerous projects simultaneously, employee confrontations and long work hours.
EDUCATION: 2 years college/trade school. A & P license preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 2 years NDT experience required.
*Note: At the discretion of the NDT Manager, an individual may be hired as an NDT Trainee Inspector if they do not meet all of the above qualifications.
**Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.