Posted: 4/21/2021 11:42:56 AM
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
NY New York
Graham Corporation is a great place to work with excellent benefits! Graham currently offers company paid Medical Insurance, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability. We also offer Dental & Vision insurance and Supplemental Life Insurance for you and your family. There is a very generous 401k match with no vesting schedule, 10 paid Holidays, a yearly Company paid Defined Contribution and an Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Reporting directly to the QC Supervisor or his/her designate, utilizes drawings, blueprints, dimensional tolerances, weld symbols, non-destructive exam and specification to perform product inspection duties with a good understanding of welding operations, welding procedures, calibrations, order specifications, and the use of precision measuring equipment. Witnesses evaluation of test procedures and final acceptance of units.
• Inspects weld joint preparations, joint fit-ups such as edge preparations (include root and face beveling), dimensions, cleanliness, root opening, tacking, and backing as applicable.
• Performs dimensional lay out inspection of parts for burning and machining operations.
• Interprets drawings, dimensional tolerances, weld symbols, non-destructive examination symbols and specifications.
• Monitors and verifies proper filler metal usage and storage of filler metal.
• Monitors and verifies during welding, pre heat and inter-pass temperatures, root passes, root penetration prior to welding second side, cleaning between passes, appearance of passes on comparison to acceptance standards.
• Monitors and verifies application of approved welding procedures, and calibration equipment, welders and operators.
• Inspects parts or products received against purchase order specifications.
• Examines machined parts or products using precision measuring devices such as calipers and micrometers and other measuring tools applicable to the operation.
• Performs other non-destructive examinations in categories as certified.
• Performs mechanical testing, witnesses and evaluates pressure test results.
• Prepares reports and maintains records.
• Will observe safe work procedures and conform to good housekeeping standards.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the QC Supervisor or his/her designate.
• Ability to work well with others within and outside of department.
• Ability to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous tasks
Education and Experience Required:
• High school diploma or GED/BOCES required.
• Must pass proficiency test.
• Must be able to achieve level II Certs as required
• Required to pass an eye examination including color blindness test.
• Good interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
• Experience in RT/UT preferred.