PI Project Manager
Posted: 5/12/2021 9:34:00 AM
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
The purpose of the Project Manager 2 is to lead and manage projects with revenue up to 5 million dollars including managing project staffing, timely completion, quality, safety, and financial metrics in line with company and client expectations. This position is responsible for taking a leadership role in the projects assigned including reporting, resolving, and escalating issues as they arise.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Determine operational requirements including resources needed, training required, project scope and schedule; define and establish operational priorities; and establish financial objectives for projects with revenue up to 5 million dollars
* Establish and implement project management processes and procedures to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high-quality standards and meet customer and Applus+ expectations.
* Review project status with Manager focusing on schedules, issues, billing and risks, with plans to address variances.
* Monitor project performance ensuring financial, safety, quality and customer objectives are in line with the established project plan
* Ensure operational excellence for the project by measuring key performance indicators such as client satisfaction, utilization and company goals
* Review and monitor project spending by tracking labor efficiency, project cost and other related items that impact profitability
* Ensure world-class delivery and execution of projects.
* Conduct site visits (as required) for project start-ups, safety audits, performance audits and client relations.
* Conduct post project reviews to develop lessons learned with an emphasis on best practices and improvement points to apply to future projects.
* Ensure compliance and maintenance of corporate practices such as forecasting, accruals and billing as required
* Work with the business development and management team to identify new clients and work opportunities for the department; communicating directly with business development to inform of potential new opportunities
* Consult with clients before, during and after project to resolve problems and to provide ongoing support.
* Must maintain a strong focus on cross functional teamwork with both internal and external stakeholders.
* Enforce and abide the requirements of safe operation and personal safety using required Personal Protective Equipment and Safe Practices per company policy.
* Perform other job related tasks as assigned by management.
Education and Work Experience:
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Requires seven plus (7+) years of field supervisor experience.
* Background in handling inspections related to
* Area of expertise: Pipeline Integrity Digs, client specific (Enbridge) experience strongly preferred
* Two year experience in inspection related activities (QC, NDT, etc.).
* Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Certificates and Licenses Required:
* Certification as an Inspector required in most cases (or equivalent approved by client). Extensive practical experience required.
* Must have the ability to meet the following company certification standards:UTPA, UTSW, MT. TOFD a plus.
* Must meet minimum company requirements to operate a company vehicle and be eligible for coverage under Company insurance program.
Applus+ is a global leader in the Testing, Inspection and Certification sector delivering non-destructive testing, inspection, engineering, and manpower services to the aerospace, power, and, oil and gas industries. We are a trusted partner who enhances the quality and safety of our clients' assets and infrastructures while safeguarding their operations. We deliver this through our technical capabilities, innovative approach, and our motivated team who are committed to operational excellence.
Applus+ has achieved a significant global presence and a leading position in its target markets and regions. As a result, our teams have expanded with 19,000 professionals across the world, attracting the very best talent in the industry.
Together beyond standards.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
State/Country: North America,--Minnesota