Assistant Radiation Safety Officer
Posted: 5/19/2021 5:57:07 AM
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
* The main function of the Assistant Radiation Safety Officer is to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations and company policies regarding all radiation activities through field audits and assisting with the administrative functions of the Radiation Safety Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Conduct field audits to ensure compliance with all regulatory, license and company procedural requirements pertaining to the possession (storage), transportation and use of industrial radiographic equipment.
* Assist with the Field Audit Program in conjunction with the Senior Compliance Manager and Radiation Safety Officer ensuring the field audits are being completed in specific geographic regions or areas of performance concerns; provide support to ensure that all applicable radiation standards are in compliance and enforced in all field operations.
* Ensure full compliance with all applicable regulations and company policies for of all radiation safety policies and procedures
* Assist with managing all Radiation audits by federal or local authorities; ensuring all documentation is provided timely and correct as required. Take action if any non-compliances are found to ensure the company is in compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations regarding Radiation Safety.
* Perform Source Retrievals as needed. This may include traveling to a high radiation incident zone, communicating with the field technicians, customers and any NRC or Agreement State officials, as well as submitting the proper verbal and written reports to the customers, NRC, or Agreement States.
* Assist with source tracking by maintaining an isotope log and updating locations in the National Source Tracking System.
* Back up RSO in managing the company Radiation licenses, both federal and state license; work with Operations to ensure state compliance is met before Radiographic operations are performed in the state.
* Maintain copies of all applicable required records on file, in an organized manner, available for inspection at the Parma office.
* Assist with all requirements with the Radiation Safety Program as required.
* Assure only devices specifically listed on the license(s) are possessed.
* Assure that all industrial radiographic equipment is transported in accordance with all applicable federal/state transportation regulations, local requirements, and company procedures.
* Assure that all required transportation labels and marking are complete and legible and that the documentation required for each device is current complete.
* Provide assistance and information to the Radiation Safety Officer on all matters relating to radiation safety and the radiation safety program.
* Verify that all applicable required postings and notices regarding the storage, transportation and use of industrial radiographic equipment are current and posted in a conspicuous location, and have been completed as applicable.
* Identify and report regulatory violations and/or items of non-compliance to the Corporate Radiation Safety Officer.
* Follow and enforce the Company required safe work practices and procedures at all times.
* Follow and enforce Company policies at all times.
* Demonstrate excellent communication skills, professionalism, and promote a positive customer service attitude internally and externally
* Enforce and abide the requirements of safe operation and personal safety using required Personal Protective Equipment and Safe Practices per company policy
* Perform all other duties as assigned.
Education and Work Experience:
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* 10+ years of experience with Radiation Safety Programs and federal / state license requirements in relation for oil and gas service industry preferred.
* Field experience in the oil and gas service industry preferred.
* Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Certificates ad Licenses Required:
* 40 hour Radiation Safety training required
* IRRSP certification required
* Source Retrieval training required
* Level II certification with 2 years of field experience preferred
JANX is a well-established company and leads the market in highly specialized non-destructive testing and inspection services. JANX is located in the center of numerous unique industries which provides our employees with a wide range of experience.
We provide NDT, new construction, maintenance, and inspection services in all aspects of the oil and gas industries, including exploration, transmission, refining, storage facilities, and all oil related support industries.