NDT Level 2 Quality Control Lead
Posted: 6/7/2021 4:03:49 PM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
Artic Pipe Testing
Position Location: Youngstown, OH.
Arctic Pipe Inspection is currently seeking an NDT Level 2 Quality Control Lead (OCTG and Line Pipe experienced) who can lead inspection process improvement and operational excellence across all NDT methods, including Visual (VT), Ultrasonic (AUT), magnetic flux leakage (MFL) and magnetic particle testing (MT).
Key Responsibilities of the Quality Control NDT LEVEL-2 include:
• Provide daily oversight of VT, MFL, AUT and MT inspection services on shop floor to operational personnel.
• Ability to provide instructions regarding the health, effectiveness and usage of NDT operating systems.
• Establish and execute hands-on training needs UT, VT and MT prove-up techniques and principles.
• Assure all questions of NDT Level 1 & 2 personnel are thoroughly answered and have ability to demonstrate techniques and principles.
• Ability to learn MFL and AUT inspection equipment.
• Ability to provide continuously training to NDT Level 1 & 2 personnel on MFL and AUT inspection equipment.
• Ability to learn Single Point Accountable (SPA) fundamentals and use those fundamentals for contract review efforts on NDT related customer and industry requirements.
• Mentor and coach NDT Level 1 & 2 personnel in daily NDT discipline and principles. Challenge and motivate NDT personnel, through demonstrated leadership.
• Lead the implementation of new NDT technology within respective location and provide information to all plants by data sharing and out-reaching collaboration.
• Strong ability to multi-task in a demanding environment and to work independently.
Key Skills and Knowledge
• Compliant ASNT Level 2 training and experience.
• Must possess production operation knowledge and experience relating to manufacturing, inspection, engineering, and customer interaction.
• Strong adherence to ethics within the NDT practices.
• Must show high level proficiency in non-destructive validation methodology (minimum in Ultrasonic, Magnetic Particle magnetic flux leakage and visual testing)
• Strong experience in coordinating, developing, and executing corrective / preventative /systemic action and process improvement activities.
• Proficiency in computer-based skills and applications. Advanced skills can be acquired with progression a plus.
• Complete understanding and knowledgeable of regulatory requirements, API 5CT, 5L, etc
• Communication and Presentation Skills required (written, verbal and non-verbal)
• Ability to communicate with all levels within the organization.
• Must be able to work with external and internal customers.
• High School graduate or higher education.
• Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
• Previous NDT experience 5-10 years in OCTG industry
• Proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking English
• Ability to obtain Level 3 ASNT certification under instruction of ASNT Level QC Manager.
• Associates degree in technical training (mechanical and electrical) a plus
ASRC Industrial (AIS) and its operating companies affords equal opportunity in employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, familial status, disability status, veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under Federal, State or Local law. AIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.