Posted: 6/16/2021 4:53:57 AM
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
* HSE Specialist will support the JANX Health, Safety, and Environmental program to ensure compliance with company, state, and federal safety policies and regulations while assisting with documentation preparation and maintenance of HSE documents, statistics, and information.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Assist in the orientation of new employee in worker HSE responsibilities, policies, procedures and practices, ensuring effective training and meeting departmental requirements.
* Maintain strong field presence through employee engagement this includes but is not limited to field and office visits, building a relationship with the field crews, Operation Managers, and other staff to become a trusted safety partner.
* Ensure that internal and external HSE audits are conducted as needed. This will include shop, facility, and external job site audits; work with the HSE Director and the Operation Managers to ensure HSE field audits are being done correctly and non-compliances are reported and corrected immediately.
* Maintain client specific HSE and Operator Qualification databases such as ISNetworld, Veriforce, PEC, etc. This includes data entry of new hires, quarterly statistic updates, HSE updates, and client specific updates and requirements.
* Assist in managing the Drug and Alcohol Program for the USA including verification of training and compliance with policy, maintenance of statistics, and providing the required legislative and client specific reporting requirements
* Identify requirements, develop and ensure the provision of appropriate health, safety, and environmental information and ensure effective communication of such.
* Effectively prepare, compile and present information and respond to HSE related questions, data requests or concerns from group including Incident Alerts and monthly data statistics in conjunction with the HSE Director.
* Ensure in-depth worksite inspections and audits and job hazard analysis for key and hazardous job tasks are being complete.
* Educate the Applus+ organization so they know to immediately stop any work where there is imminent danger to an individual at a worksite.
* On an on-going basis monitor program documentation to ensure that all incidents are being reported.
* Participate in the investigation of reported incidents, reportable incidents and document and initiate corrective actions whenever necessary in conjunction with the HSE Director.
* Assist with claims/case management - ensure proactive involvement in injury reduction and accident prevention strategies.
* Assist with the management and development of the program to reduce lost time claims, ensuring that all required communications and training is provided to both employees and managers.
* Adhere to all organizational policies and procedures, including but not limited to all Health, Safety and Environmental Management initiatives.
* Provide mentoring, coaching, counseling to employees regarding safety-related issues
* Provide PPE recommendations to workers based on risk or exposure
* Follow and enforce the Company required safe work practices and procedures at all times.
* Demonstrate excellent communication skills, professionalism, and promote a positive customer service attitude internally and externally
* Enforce and abide the requirements of safe operation and personal safety using required Personal Protective Equipment and Safe Practices per company policy
* Encourage near miss reporting, and enter reported near misses into database.
* Work with HSE team in conducting weekly safety meetings and monthly group HSE calls.
* Maintain a strong customer service focus and assist clients in their needs.
* Use established tools to evaluate / monitor / improve company HSE performance.
* Create high quality HSE documents, communications and presentations for distribution under corporate guidelines and the guidance of the HSE Director.
* Assisting with HSE documentation and standardization including organization, review, and policy / procedure updates and suggestions
* Perform all other duties as assigned.
Education and Work Experience
* 0-5 years of related HSE experience.
* Bachelors or Associates degree or equivalent work experience and/or
* 5 + years of progressive supervisory work experience preferred.
* Field experience in an oil & gas environment preferred.
* Experience in using customer web based pre-qualifications systems such as IsNetWorld, Veriforce, PEC, PIC, TransAdvisor, BROWZ, and other web based systems used in training preferred.
* Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.