Posted: 8/23/2021 11:41:32 AM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
NY New York
The main function of CAD 3 is to prepare drawings used in the layout and inspection of oil and gas fields, refineries, chemical plants, and process piping systems. Perform research, investigation, analysis, and reconciliation to ensure correctness of data.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Layout and draw schematic, orthographic, or angle views to depict functional relationships of components, assemblies, systems, and machines.
* Review and analyze specifications, sketches, drawings, ideas, and related data to assess factors affecting component designs and the procedures and instructions to be followed.
* Compute mathematical formulas to develop and design detailed specifications for components or machinery using computer-assisted equipment.
* Position instructions and comments onto drawings
* Enforce and abide the requirements of safe operation and personal safety using required Personal Protective Equipment and Sa
fe Practices per company policy.
* Perform other job related tasks as assigned by management.
Education and Work Experience:
* High School Diploma or Equivalent
* Associates degree in CAD or Engineering Design preferred
* 6+ years in relevant field or education and certification combined equivalent.
* 2 years of experience in related field/industry is highly desirable
* Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Certificates and Licenses Required:
* Drafters Certification preferred but not required.
* Must meet minimum company requirements to operate a company vehicle and be eligible for coverage under Company insurance program.
Applus+ is a global leader in the Testing, Inspection and Certification sector delivering non-destructive testing, inspection, engineering, and manpower services to the aerospace,
power, and, oil and gas industries. We are a trusted partner who enhances the quality and safety of our clients' assets and infrastructures while safeguarding their operations. We deliver this through our technical capabilities, innovative approach, and our motivated team who are committed to operational excellence.
Applus+ has achieved a significant global presence and a leading position in its target markets and regions. As a result, our teams have expanded with 19,000 professionals across the world, attracting the very best talent in the industry.
Together beyond standards.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.