NDT QA/QC Tech
Posted: 10/26/2021 9:59:18 AM
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
NC North Carolina
Description: ~~Position Purpose:
* The purpose of the Quality Assurance/Control Technician 4 is to support Operations by ensuring quality policies, procedures, and expectations are practiced throughout inspections performed, delivering a quality product to the customer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Analyze, audit, and interpret film, data, and other materials to determine quality of inspection completed.
* Notify supervisors and other personnel of quality problems, and assist in identifying and correcting these concerns.
* Discuss inspection results with those responsible for products, and recommend necessary corrective actions.
* Prepare, set-up, and complete all necessary paperwork, in a timely manner.
* Conduct internal audits; documents and analyses of audit results.
* Observe and monitor operations and equipment to ensure conformance to specifications and/or procedures, recommend necessary process or adjustments.
* Measure dimensions of products to verify conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as rulers, calipers, gauges, or micrometers.
* Analyze test data, making computations as necessary, to determine test results.
* Evaluate and interpret results according to the code of construction or customers specifications.
* Train, coach, and mentor Assistant's, Technicians and Trainers in quality workmanship and best practices. Responsible for assessing code work.
* Assist with Training needs, including leading or co-facilitating training classes as needed regarding quality procedures / processes.
* Maintain and promote a positive attitude toward employees and Customers by demonstrating a high level of client service.
* Must maintain a strong focus on cross functional teamwork with both internal and external stakeholders.
* Follow and enforce the Company required safe work practices and procedures at all times.
* Demonstrate excellent communication skills, professionalism, and promote a positive customer service attitude internally and externally
* Perform all other duties as assigned.
* Perform other job related tasks as assigned by management.
* Enforce and abide the requirements of safe operation and personal safety using required Personal Protective Equipment and Safe Practices per company policy.
Education and Work Experience:
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* SME in handling inspections related to: Nuclear plant
* Area of expertise: 6 years' experience in inspection related activities (QC, NDT, and/or Civil.).
* Five years' experience in QAQC/Supervisory role required.
* Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Applus+ is a global leader in the Testing, Inspection and Certification sector delivering non-destructive testing, inspection, engineering, and manpower services to the aerospace, power, and, oil and gas industries. We are a trusted partner who enhances the quality and safety of our clients' assets and infrastructures while safeguarding their operations. We deliver this through our technical capabilities, innovative approach, and our motivated team who are committed to operational excellence.
Applus+ has achieved a significant global presence and a leading position in its target markets and regions. As a result, our teams have expanded with 19,000 professionals across the world, attracting the very best talent in the industry.
Together beyond standards
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status