Field Radiation Safety Officer
Posted: 8/30/2022 9:40:36 AM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
* The main function of the Field Radiation Safety Officer is to ensure full compliance of all applicable regulations and company policies regarding all radiation activities as well as performing NDT field inspections.
The main duties include:
* Perform billable field and/or shop work in the following non-destructive testing techniques per company required standards and guidelines including strict adherence to quality assurance / quality control requirements: Radiographic (RT), Magnetic Particle (MT), Dye Penetrant (PT), and/or Ultrasonic Thickness (UTT)
* Provide direct and constant supervision of the assistant radiographer/radiographer trainee whenever the assistant radiographer/ radiographer trainee operates radiographic equipment
* Ensure full compliance with all applicable regulations and company policies for of all general safety policies and rules, and radiation safety policies and procedures
* Assure that all required maintenance, repairs, and leak testing of licensed radioactive material is conducted in accordance with the manufacturer's specifications, regulatory requirements and company procedures.
* Conducts field audits to ensure compliance with all regulatory, license and company procedural requirements pertaining to the possession (storage), transportation and use of industrial radiographic equipment.
* Maintain copies of all applicable required records on file, in an organized manner, available for inspection at the Branch office.
* Assure only devices specifically listed on the license(s) are possessed.
* Assure that industrial radiographic equipment is secured against theft or unauthorized removal at all times while in storage, during transportation and while in use.
* Assure that all industrial radiographic equipment is transported in accordance with all applicable federal/state transportation regulations, local requirements, and company procedures.
* Assure that all required transportation labels and marking are complete and legible and that the documentation required for each device is current complete.
* Provide assistance and information to the Regional Radiation Safety Officer on all matters relating to radiation safety and the radiation safety program.
* Serve as a point of contact to all applicable regulatory and/or law enforcement agencies during incidents involving the loss, theft or destruction of licensed radioactive material, vehicular accidents, etc. and provide assistance to the Regional Radiation Safety Officer during such events.
* Verify that all applicable required postings and notices regarding the storage, transportation and use of industrial radiographic equipment are current and posted in a conspicuous location, and have been completed as applicable.
* Identify and report regulatory violations and/or items of non-compliance to the Regional Radiation Safety Officer.
* Document each inspection on the appropriate company form
* Take and document proper action to correct any deficiencies found during each unannounced inspection.
* Conduct a quarterly inventory to account for all sealed sources, devices and depleted uranium possessed under the license.
* Ensure the return of all personal dosimetry badges to supplier promptly after each month's usage with the appropriate control dosimetry.
* Properly interpret regulations, codes, and industry standards.
Education and Work Experience:
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Five plus years' work-related skill, knowledge, or experience in NDT field with radiography.
* A minimum of 40 hours Level I and 40 hours Level II Course and 1600 hours field experience in RT
* Must have the ability to meet company certification standards.
* Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.