NOW HIRING! Level III RT
Posted: 12/7/2022 5:23:08 PM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
NIC Inspection & Consultants, LLC/an ISS Company
RI Rhode Island
Long Term 6+ months
NIC is seeking an experienced Level III RT for a 6+ month project in the northeast.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
1. Review, administer and ensure shipyard compliance with fabrication, welding, and NDT Military Specifications.
2. Maintain company standards, procedures, best practices, and process improvements in the field of NDT.
3. Provide technical guidance and expertise with respect to on-site construction support and problem resolution, as well as off-site involvement with material suppliers.
4. Provide occasional 3rd shift oversight of RT at clients facility.
5. Evaluate new developments in the NDT field for possible application to current and future construction (e.g. Computed Radiography).
6. Collaborate with Quality Assurance, Design, and Engineering Departments as well as NAVSEA Customer representatives.
7. Prepare technical reports in support of testing, research and development, and quality investigations.
1. HS Diploma/GED or Equivalent
2. Currently or previously certified as an RT Level III Examiner
3. 3+ years' experience as a certified RT Level III Examiner
4. Must be able to certify to NAVSEA 250-1500 RT Level III Examiner Status
1. Leve III RT experience in Shipbuilding industry or other heavy fabrication industry
2. 7+ years experience as a certified RT Level III Examiner
3. A background in engineering/quality assurance
4. Familiar with Military Specifications (Tech Pub 271 and NAVSEA 250-1500-1)
5. Current or Previous RT Level III NAVSEA 250-1500-1 certification(s)
1. RT Level III
2. MUST be able to read, write, and interpret specifications, procedures, reports, and other documents.
3. MUST have strong written and verbal communication skills.
4. MUST have basic computer skills, including use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Power point
5. MUST be able to serve as project lead or technical lead on process improvement/cost reduction tasks.