Local NDT Assistants/Trainees & NDT Level II Techs - OUTAGES – Richmond, VA
Posted: 1/24/2023 6:22:30 PM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
Applied Technical Services (ATS)
Temporary & Full-time
BOE and Certs
Founded in 1967, Applied Technical Services (ATS) has established a reputation with business, industry, and the legal profession for successfully uncovering facts in Metallurgy and Materials Testing, Chemical Analysis, Nondestructive Testing, Forensic and Consulting Engineering, Fire and Explosion Investigations, and Calibration Services. ATS has over 1,500 employees in over 50 locations, across 25 family of companies, and over $250,000,000 in annual revenue. Our purpose is to create a safe and reliable world and our mission is to deliver assurance through precise technical and professional services in aerospace, automotive, chemical, general manufacturing, pulp and paper, marine, transportation, construction, and utility industries.
Summary: ATS is seeking Local NDT Assistants/Trainees & NDT Level II Technicians to support our Richmond, VA office with upcoming Outages. Both temporary/seasonal and fulltime opportunities are available.
Responsibilities/Duties: NDT Assistants/Trainees
• Perform tasks as directed in order to prepare components or equipment for inspections.
• Work alongside certified technicians to help complete projects and learn activities.
• Interface with personnel to determine scope of work and work priorities in order to meet customer expectations.
• Help clean and organize equipment before, during, and at the completion of projects.
• Document on job training experience as assigned by management.
• Perform other job related tasks as assigned by supervisors.
Responsibilities/Duties: NDT Level II Technicians
• Perform examinations of materials in accordance with procedures, codes, standards, and specifications.
• Be thoroughly familiar with the scope and limitations of the methods for which qualified and exercise assigned responsibility for OJT and guidance of trainees
• Interface with department managers and clients to determine scope of work and work priorities in order to meet customer expectations.
• Be able to prepare written instructions and to organize and report the results of examinations.
• Work independently and support team members Perform other job related tasks as needed and assigned by supervisors.
• NDT Assistants/Trainees – Meet the minimum requirements of an NDT Assistant/Trainee, High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent; math and print reading skills; ability to used computers for data entry and report writing. Applicants with documented prior NDT classroom training or OJT preferred.
• NDT Level II Technicians – Meet the minimum requirements of an NDT Level II Technician; provide documentation of education, training, and experience in the applicable NDT method(s); have a working knowledge of industrial environments and general manufacturing processes; ability to effectively communicate with other departments, and customers to report issues and solve problems.
All applicants require the following:
• Ability to learn and comply with all company policies and procedures.
• Excellent communication skills written and verbal.
• Applicants must pass a drug screen and have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
• “U.S. Persons” Only: A requirement of this position is access to information that is subject to U.S. export controls under the U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (“ITAR”). Accordingly, the company will consider only “U.S. Persons” for this position. A “U.S. Person” includes (a) U.S. citizens or nationals; (b) U.S. lawful permanent residents (i.e., “green card” holders); (c) persons granted refugee status; or (d) persons discriminate in the hiring process.
• Must be able to wear safety equipment as required by the safety department for personal protection.
• Work from heights on scaffolding, ladders, elevated platforms, man-baskets, etc.
• Work in confined spaces which will require crawling, stooping, climbing, etc.
• Work in around operating equipment and industrial environments.
• Work with radiation and hazardous materials such as cleaners, penetrants, film developing chemicals, etc.
• Work shifts up to 12 hours/day and 7 days/week and travel for extended periods of time
• Ability to lift and carry 100 pounds.
Benefits: ATS offers excellent wages and advancement opportunities. ATS full-time employee benefits include: medical, dental, vision, 401k, vacation, personal time, and bonuses.
To apply please visit: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=72336&clientkey=D1B7897110FF4B711E6764B6108EF2BE
Applied Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination due to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.