Posted: 5/24/2023 2:20:46 PM
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
NY New York
An NDT Technician Assistant will job shadow and assist the Lead Level 2 Technicians on job sites to learn all aspects of inspection services that Applus provides. This is an entry level position and Applus will support the required on-the-job and classroom training, providing a career path in the NDT industry. Staring out the assistant will be exposed to inspecting welds and other metal components utilizing radiography (X-ray), magnetic particle and liquid penetrant testing methods. Industries include power generation, gas transmission and distribution, storage and processing facilities, paper and pulp and aerospace.
*Must be a US Citizen*
The main duties include:
* Assist Technician in project execution and daily tasks assigned as required.
* Assist Technicians with organizing and reporting of service provided.
* Prepare, set-up, and complete all necessary paperwork as required by client and company requirements.
* 100% Applus+ paid: Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance
* Medical & Dental Insurance
* 401K plan (with Company Matching)
* Vacation Paid Time Off
* Personal/Sick Pay
* Enhanced Paid Time Off Policy
* Per Diem for out of town expenses
* Training & Development Programs
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
*Pay range is $18-$20/hr. Based on NDT training or experience*
Education and Work Experience
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* This is an entry level position with minimum or no experience required.
* Experience in NDT industry is highly desirable.
* Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Certificates and Licenses Required
* Must meet minimum company requirements to operate a company vehicle and be eligible for coverage under Company insurance program.
Submit a profile to this job online
NDT Assistant Technician in Syracuse, New York | Careers at Syracuse, NY (icims.com)
Share on your newsfeed
Applus + is an equal opportunity employer in all aspects of employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other non-job related factors.