Posted: 9/22/2023 12:17:32 PM
This job is closed
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
NC North Carolina
JANX is a well-established company and leads the market in highly specialized non-destructive testing and inspection services. JANX is located in the center of numerous unique industries which provides our employees with a wide range of experience.
We provide NDT, new construction, maintenance, and inspection services in all aspects of the oil and gas industries, including exploration, transmission, refining, storage facilities, and all oil related support industries.
* The main function of the Trainee is to learn all aspects of inspection/ NDT services from the Technician, Supervisor or Division Manager. This will include using, supplying, and/or holding materials or tools; transporting equipment and cleaning work area and equipment; learning different NDT methods and techniques following established methods of NDT inspection and procedures to determine compliance under direct supervision; and learning field operational practices.The Trainee position is typically the entry level position for JANX Field employees and is a union position.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Assist Technician in work execution and daily tasks assigned as required and assigned.
* Prepare, set-up, and complete all necessary paperwork as required by client and company requirements under direct supervision.
* Set-up boundaries and surveillance of work area, if required, and prevent unauthorized personnel from entering work area.
* Responsible for replenishing and organizing the required supplies, as needed, to perform assign methods.
* Responsible for cleanliness of all work areas and vehicles.
* Observes test procedures and product compliance to learn internal and industry specifications.
* Observe and learn the procedures required to perform work and to gain certification in the required NDT methods.
* Observe and learn proper documentation process required for NDT testing.
* Follow and enforce the Company required safe work practices and procedures at all times.
* Follow and enforce Company policies at all times.
* Demonstrate excellent communication skills, professionalism, and promote a positive customer service attitude internally and externally
* Enforce and abide the requirements of safe operation and personal safety using required Personal Protective Equipment and Safe Practices per company policy
* Perform all other duties as assigned.
* Not Applicable
Knowledge and Skills
* Knowledge of NDT equipment, preferred
* Ability to read technical documents, preferred.
* Working knowledge of MS Office Suite of products, preferred.
* Basic knowledge and understanding inspection technology, preferred.
* The ability to understand the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
* A sense of urgency, good attention to detail, and follow-thru.
* Firmly adheres to the values and ethics of JANX and Applus+. Exhibits honesty, discretion, and sound judgment.
* Willing to work with others, collaborating and compromising where necessary; promptly share relevant information with others.
* Maintains a positive "can do" outlook, rebounds quickly from frustrations and unpleasantness, and maintains composure and friendly demeanor while dealing with stressful situations.
* Possess excellent communication skills to convey information to customers and colleagues effectively.
Education and Work Experience
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* This is an entry level position with minimum or no experience required.
* Experience in NDT industry is preferred.
* Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Certificates and Licenses Required
* Must meet minimum company requirements to operate a company vehicle and be eligible for coverage under Company insurance program
Physical Activities and Requirements
* Able to perform very heavy work (exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects).
* Balancing: Maintaining the body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces. This factor is important if the amount and kind of balancing exceeds that needed for ordinary locomotion and maintenance of body equilibrium.
* Climbing: Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized. This factor is important if the amount and kind of climbing required exceeds that required for ordinary locomotion.
* Crawling: Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet
* Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine
* Feeling: Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
* Dexterity: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm as in handling.
* Grasping: Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
* Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
* Kneeling: Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
* Lifting. Raising objects in excess of 50 pounds from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position.
* Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position, up to a maximum of 50 pounds. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires the substantial use of the upper extremities and back muscles.
* Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires the substantial use of the upper extremities and back muscles.
* Pulling: Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
* Pushing: Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward.
* Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction
* Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers
* Sedentary work: Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
* Standing: Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time
* Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full use of the lower extremities and back muscles.
* Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
* The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
* The ability to bend stretches, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs.
* The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
* The ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while sitting, standing, or lying down. It does not involve performing the activities while the whole body is in motion.
* The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects.
* The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
* The ability to judge which of several objects is closer or farther away from you, or to judge the distance between you and an object.
* The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
* The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
* The ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects.
* The ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine/equipment or a vehicle to exact positions.
* The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
* The ability to quickly respond (with the hand, finger, or foot) to a signal (sound, light, picture) when it appears.
* The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
* The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
* The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
* The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without 'giving out' or fatiguing.
* The ability to work in confined spaces and at heights.
* The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes
* Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
* In compliance with American with Disabilities Act (ADA), Applus+ and JANX will make reasonable accommodations that are appropriate and consistent within our legal obligations.
* The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions in temperature extremes and inclement weather. Frequently required to use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous materials and working environment
* May occasionally walk on slippery or uneven surfaces
* The noise level in the work environment is frequently loud when working on project site.
* Overtime required during the week and weekend with work volume
* Ability to travel when required, nationally, up to 50% of the time.
Submit a profile to this job online
Trainee in Galeton, Pennsylvania | Careers at Galeton, PA (icims.com)
Share on your newsfeed
JANX is an equal opportunity employer in all aspects of employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other non-job related factors.