Posted: 11/14/2023 1:18:20 PM
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
NY New York
The main duties include:
* Assist in the orientation of new employee in worker HSE responsibilities, policies, procedures and practices, ensuring effective training and meeting departmental requirements.
* Maintain strong field presence through employee engagement this includes but is not limited to field and office visits, building a relationship with the field crews, Operation Managers, and other staff to become a trusted safety partner.
* Ensure that internal and external HSE audits are conducted as needed. This will include shop, facility, and external job site audits; work with the HSE Director and the Operation Managers to ensure HSE field audits are being done correctly and non-compliances are reported and corrected immediately.
* Assist in managing the Drug and Alcohol Program for the USA including verification of training and compliance with policy, assignment of tests, maintenance of statistics, and providing the required legislative and client specific reporting requirements.
* Identify requirements, develop and ensure the provision of appropriate health, safety, and environmental information and ensure effective communication of such.
* Effectively prepare, compile and present information and respond to HSE related questions, data requests or concerns from group including Incident Alerts and monthly data statistics in conjunction with the HSE Director.
* Ensure in-depth worksite inspections and audits and job hazard analysis for key and hazardous job tasks are being complete.
* Educate the Aegeus organization so they know to immediately stop any work where there is imminent danger to an individual at a worksite.
* 100% Aegeus paid: Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance
* Medical & Dental Insurance
* 401K plan (with Company Matching)
* Vacation Paid Time Off
* Personal/Sick Pay
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
Salary range for this job is $56,000 - $68,000 annually. Pay range for this job level is a general guideline only for States that enforces pay transparency and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, certifications, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law
Education and Work Experience
* 0-5 years of related HSE experience.
* Bachelors or Associates degree required.
* 5 + years of progressive supervisory work experience preferred.
* Field experience in an oil & gas environment preferred.
* Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Certificates and Licenses Required
* Must meet minimum company requirements to operate a company vehicle and be eligible for coverage under Company insurance program
* Preferably education, training and/or certification in one the following:
* Occupational Health Safety Technician (OHST), OR Safety Trained Supervisor (STS) AND Construction Health and Safety Technologist (CHST) certificate from the Board of Certified Safety Professionals
* OSHA 500 and 501 OR 510 and 511 certificates from an accredited institution (University, Trade School, National Board)
* Military training equivalent of OSHA 500 and 501 OR 510 and 511 (e.g. NAVOSH Technician)
* Professional Certifications, such as the CSP, CIH, and/or SMS would be a plus.
Submit a profile to this job online
HSE Specialist in Williamsville, New York | Careers at Williamsville, NY (icims.com)
Share on your newsfeed
Aegeus is an equal opportunity employer in all aspects of employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other non-job related factors.