Posted: 2/8/2024 9:14:20 PM
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
~~The HSE & Radiation Safety Director is responsible for managing, developing, organizing, administering, and maintaining the Health, Safety, Environment and Radiation Safety programs across the USA operations for all Aegeus companies. The major responsibility of this position is to provide a safe working environment for employees, as well as maintaining programs in line with client and regulatory compliance. The HSE and Radiation Safety program must comply with all relative legislation, regulations, codes, policies and procedures, as well as additional client requirements.
The main duties include:
* Business partner with Senior Leadership Team, Regional Operations Team, field staff and other staff to ensure an effective HSE and Radiation Safety Program for all Field and Office operations in the USA.
* Manage and oversee the planning, organization, direction, coordination and control of the Radiation Safety Program and procedures ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and local requirements.
* Manage and oversee the Safety and Radiation Safety departmental staff for the USA; ensure support, effectiveness, direction, guidance, and utilization of HSE and Radiation Safety staff to properly support all operational units.
* Develop, organize, implement, communicate, and maintain the HSE program including HSE Handbooks, Safe Work Practices, Safety Initiative's, Safety Campaigns and other HSE Policies to ensure compliance with all legislative and company requirements aimed at employee safety and engagement.
* Identify and investigate problems, initiate solutions, complete applicable client and internal reports, and verify corrective measures and actions if a safety or radiation safety issue is reported; report all safety and radiation safety non-compliances to the Senior Leadership Teams.
* Develop and maintain a high level of understanding to properly interpret Agreement State and U.S. NRC regulations, procedures, forms, and guidance publications.
* Keep, analyze and interpret applicable safety and radiation safety statistics; present findings and corrective actions monthly; measure impacts of all corrective actions.
* 100% Aegeus paid: Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance
* Medical & Dental Insurance
* 401K plan (with Company Matching)
* Vacation Paid Time Off
* Personal/Sick Pay
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
Education and Work Experience
* 10+ years of related HSE experience
* 5+ years in managing HSE programs for field serviced companies across the US.
* Bachelors or Associates degree or equivalent work experience
* 10 + years of progressive supervisory work experience.
* 5+ years of related radiation safety preferred.
* Experience in using customer web based pre-qualifications systems such as IsNetWorld, Veriforce, PEC, PIC, TransAdvisor, BROWZ, and other web based systems used in training.
* Experience with SiteDocs preferred.
* Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.