NAS-410: Level II UTT - Mojave, CA & Las Cruces, NM
Posted: 9/30/2021 2:40:06 PM
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
Applied Technical Services, LLC.
Applied Technical Services (ATS), LLC is an internationally recognized engineering, testing, and inspection company with extensive capabilities in metallurgy, materials testing, chemical analysis, non-destructive testing, forensics, fire & explosion investigations, and equipment calibration services. ATS is headquartered in Marietta, Georgia with over 30 branch offices and approximately 1,000 employees throughout the U.S. Since 1967 ATS has established an excellent reputation in the aerospace, automotive, chemical, general manufacturing, pulp, & paper, marine, transportation, construction, and utilities industries.
Our vision is become the industry leader in providing expert consulting engineering, testing and inspection services.
Scope: ATS is currently seeking individuals with a high level of motivation, very strong work ethic, flexible schedule, detail oriented and an interest in a highly technical field. Applicants are encouraged to apply and will be required to initially work in Mojave, CA and Las Cruces, NM on an aerospace contract for approximately 6 months. After this contact is complete, the inspector will have the option to be offered further contract work as they become available or even become part of the ATS Aviation NDT Team as a direct employee and work as part of our newly expanding team of highly skilled NDT and Special Process inspectors while living remotely. Contract will cover lodging and include $60 per diem a day for the first week, $0.65 per mile for travel from home are to contract facility, $200 a day per diem after the first week and technician is then responsible for their own lodging and meals.
Job Description: The Aerospace NDT Tier 2 Inspector will include the following duties.
• Ultrasonics (UT) inspection of composite structures using pulse echo as a primary technique and possible UTT or Pitch and Catch techniques as required.
• Detailed pre and post inspection documentation using both handwritten and computer methods
• Use of complex test equipment requiring a high level of attention to detail and inspection focus
• Meeting directly with customers and representing the ATS brand
• Indoor conditions
• Inspection of multiple aircraft component designs, sub-components, newly developed aerospace designs
• Inspections performed in both team and individual settings
• UT – 80 Classroom hours & 800 OJT hours
• Perform NDT related inspections
• Assist Level II and Level III inspectors as required
• Mentor co-inspectors as required to gain knowledge in unfamiliar inspection techniques
• Completion of all required inspection documentation in a timely matter
• Perform various duties as assigned by the Level III and NDT Management
• Independently perform equipment setup and operation
• Perform system performance checks as required
• Protect intellectual and physical company property
• Prioritize under demanding conditions
• Communicate at high level with other team members and NDT Management
• Ensure proper tooling is in place prior to inspections
• Protection of issued communication and documentation equipment
• Arrange for shipment of required tooling to jobsite and monitor tracking information
• Indoor and outdoor conditions in all seasons (mainly indoor)
• Travel to customer facilities
• Ability to lift and carry 30 lbs.
Benefits: No benefits offered as this is a contact position
Applied Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination due to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
NAS-410: Level II UTT - Aerospace - Mojave, CA 7 Las Cruces, NM