Level II NDT Techs Wanted - Charlotte, NC
Posted: 10/8/2021 7:18:35 PM
NDT.org Job Number:
* Please reference NDT.org Job Number on all correspondence
Applied Technical Services, LLC.
NC North Carolina
Applied Technical Services, LLC. (ATS) is a nationally recognized engineering, testing and inspection firm with extensive capabilities in metallurgy, materials testing, chemical analysis, non-destructive testing, forensics, engineering, fire and explosion investigations and calibration services. ATS is headquartered in Marietta, GA with over 30 branch offices and approximately 1000 employees throughout the US. Since 1967 ATS has established an excellent reputation in the aerospace, automotive, chemical, general manufacturing, pulp and paper, marine, transportation, construction and utility industries.
Summary: We are currently seeking fulltime Level II NDT Technicians for our Charlotte, NC location. LOCAL APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!
Responsibilities and Duties: NDT Level II Technicians
- Conduct NDT inspections
- Leverage expertise to resolve problems in the field or during the manufacturing processes
- Make recommendations after analysis of the data using quality tools
- Protect the intellectual property rights of the Company
- Function as a team lead when appropriate
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to less experienced inspectors
- Set up, conduct test, and calibrate equipment
- Work independently and support team members
- Prepare reports and other documents in a timely, accurate manner
- Interface daily with client about work priorities and projects
- Perform other job related tasks as assigned by management
- DT Level II - 2 years of experience testing equipment, testing procedures, and the ability to perform tests and properly document results.
- Shop math and print reading skills
- Ability to use computers for data entry
- Working knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Ability to effectively communicate with other departments, and customers to solve problems
- Ability to learn and comply with all company policies and procedures
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal
- Applicants must complete a drug screen and have a valid drivers license with a clean driving record
- Must be able to wear safety equipment as required by the safety department for personal protection.
- May be required to travel to client locations and sites.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds.
- Sufficient vision or other powers of observation, with or without reasonable accommodations, which permits employee to investigations.
Applied Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination due to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Fulltime Level II NDT Techs