LMATS Australia Acquires Industrial Imaging of Queensland
Industrial Imaging (Brisbane Queensland), one of the oldest NATA accredited NDT facility has been acquired by LMATS (Laboratories for Materials Advanced Testing Services).
Acquisition of Industrial Imaging has further reinforced LMATS’ position in the North-east industrial region of Brisbane, offering niche metallurgical and advanced NDT capabilities to Industrial Imaging customers. Industrial Imaging has been offering NATA accredited NDT testing services to some of its customers since 1980’s. Industrial Imaging’s accreditation number 354 is probably the oldest NDT accreditation maintained for decades. Mr Darryn Marshall, one of the founding members and the remaining sole owner will be retiring soon after handing over reigns to the LMATS caring staff.
LMATS started its 1st laboratory in Victoria in 2008. Since then LMATS has added several laboratories in Australia starting from Albury in 2010, Sydney NSW (2012), Brisbane QLD (2014), Perth WA (2016) and Newcastle NSW (2018). Client satisfaction has led to referrals across Australian industry, enticing other businesses to utilise LMATS services. The combination of loyal customers and the best LMATS staff has been the key for LMATS success.
LMATS comprises a highly experienced team of engineers, engineering technologist, welding supervisors, inspectors and advanced NDT personnel. LMATS is accredited in accordance with ISO 17025 and ISO 17020. LMATS offers comprehensive range of testing and inspection services such as
• Advanced NDT - LRUT, PEC, ECA, LFET, PAUT, TOFD, CR/DR
• Heat exchanger tubes – IRIS, ECA, ECT, RFT, NFT, MFL, NFA
• Failure investigation, metallurgical tests and replication
• Corrosion tests, metals chemical analysis by lab based OES and portable XRF, OES
• Mechanical testing on metals and HDPE
• WPS / WQR development, witnessing, review, testing
• Hydrostatic pressure testing, vacuum testing
• Conventional NDT – UT, ET, RT, MT, PT, VT
• Third party inspection, Pressure vessel and tank inspection,
Additional information about LMATS can be found on their website: www.LMATS.com.au