Pedro Montes 713-367-6197 Houston, Tx
NDT.org Member Since: 2020
Last Updated: 10/5/2020
I am willing to Travel.
I need a job as soon as possible.
I am willing to work overseas.
Cypress Ridge High School
Cameron April 2012 – June 2014
• Burntable Operator (Machinist I) – Operation of mechanical controls, computerized numerical controls and precision measuring instruments to burn shapes by oxy torch/plasma cutting
• Forklift Certified – Transport different size plates and structures from shop to shop
• Crane Operation Certified – Using chains, magnets and straps to transport material within the shop
• Welding Certified – flux core and mig flat, horizontal, vertical and overhead welding
Thrustmasters June 2014 – August 2014
• Burntable/Waterjet/Saw Operator
• Burntable - Operation of mechanical controls, computerized numerical controls and precision measuring instruments to burn shapes by oxy torch/plasma cutting Crane Operation Certified – Using chains, magnets, and straps to transport material within the shop.
• Waterjet - High-pressured water and abrasive to cut various materials including plastic, rubber, metal etc. at very precise measurements and at high quality.
• Saw – Use of different sized blades to cut down pipes, round bars, and angles to meet required measurements.
Rilco September 2014 – December 20140
• Welder – Using flux core and mig welding skills to merge given materials to appropriate wps and layout
requirements, including weld size and machine settings like arc voltage, travel speed and wire speed.
Element Materials Technology. December 2014 - November 2015
• Rt Assistant- Shooting X-ray film of welds using gamma and x-ray for possible defects in welding on parts already completed from outside manufacturers. Also got my state card for working with a camera which qualifies me for an actual radiographer position, and have some experience working with penetration testing and magnetic particle testing along with class hours for magnetic particle and my radiation safety course certificate.
Travis Body and Trailer January 2016 – April 2016
• Welder- welding aluminum on to fully assemble different varieties of trailers
Goodman April 2016 – November 2016
• Forklift operators- Responsible for bringing any and all required materials necessary to build the units
ordered by the customer.
• Certified through the company to operate a forklift.
Diamond Inspection November 2016 – May 2017
• Rt assistant- shooting pipe, vessels and tanks using both iridium and cobalt sources.
American Piping Inspection May 2017- October 2018
• Rt lv 2- operation a rig for manually developing film to code and filling out reports to meet client
Stanley Inspection October 2018 – October 2019
• Rt Lv 2 Tech- present on 2 different projects while assisting local trucks in my area who had less
experience / certs while still running a truck 6 days a week shooting and developing film for pipe
ranging from 2 in. – 42 in.
System One/ALS November 2019 – January 2020
• Rt Lv II – Go out into the plant and find welds ranging between 2”- 72” to xray using Iridium 192.
• Make sure film is within code book standards as far as density, u.g. factor and proper penny use and
visibility. Shot super imposed, panoramic and standard contact using D7, D5, D3 film depending on
Cypress Ridge High School August 2007 – May 2011
· High School Diploma
· Extracurricular activities included soccer and cross country
· Manual oxy torch cut
· Read layouts and prints
· Familiarized with fitting
· Bilingual – English and Spanish
· Flux fore welding
· MIG welding
· Skilled in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Familiarized with FLOW waterjet
· Burny 10 burntable with oxy fuel and plasma cutter
· Forklift trained, Osha forklift license
· Overhead crane trained
· 40 class hours for safety radiation certificate
· 32 class hours for Mt inspection certificate
· State carded for radiography
· Twic carded
· Electrical wiring for fire alarms experience